Skip to main content

Drywall Has Started!!

We got an email from Courtney (our beloved sales lady @ Richmond/American Homes) stating that the drywall material was dropped off at the new house yesterday and they will start drywalling immediately.

We went by the house today to take a look. We opened the front door and immediately saw four of the laborers sitting against the wall enjoying lunch (and a bit of music). I am not sure who was more surprised to see who! I should have snapped a picture of them sitting there with jaws agape. Definitely a Kodak moment.

The upstairs is almost completely drywalled since the blew in the attic insulation earlier in the week and the ground floor is about half way done. I guess that they will start the basement soon. Did I mention that we opted for the finished basement? I probably did but I like repeating it since it will be cool to have a finished basement. Michelle stated that it will be a cool place to build a fort. Oh wait, I think she said that about the master bedroom walk in closet, not the finished basement. Or, it could be one of the other bedrooms (which all have walk in closets) but it is definitely not the sub terrain, kick ass basement I mentioned earlier.

Here are a few pictures:

Kitchen_DW-2014-06-7-16-11.JPG

Kitchen

Living_DW-2014-06-7-16-11.JPG

Living room

mom_DW-2014-06-7-16-11.JPG

Mom’s room (a little messy if you ask me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California, Arizona & Back Again

 Well, Israel is a bust this year too... Time to visit the family via a road trip. We figure it will take two days of driving to reach California.  Of course we will make planned stops along the way. First stop, Antelope Valley State Park in Utah.  Only a hour drive from Salt Lake City. From Top to Bottom: Buffalo Wide Angle Shot of the Lake Infrared Photo of the Plains Infrared Photo of the Lake We spent a lot of time there shooting the buffalos (with cameras) but we were loosing light fast.  Major flying insect invasion.  Sounded like rain when driving. Next stop, Bonneville Salt Flats, UT Not much to say here other than it is fun as fuck to drive at 110 mph here. Back in the car and headed out to the Bay Area.  We decided to stay in Suisun City for the first two nights so we could visit with mom before heading out to the Wine Country. The Hampton Inn in Suisun City (infrared photo) After we visited with mom, we headed out to our next adventure, Safari We...

Outstanding Food & Beverage

Due to complications (on Travis’ part) we got a late start on our departure to the restaurant but we still made our reservation. When we arrived, we were greeted by an absolutely beautiful hostess (that was your first hint Travis, stay in school and attend CU) who gave us the option to enjoy our meal on the outside patio. After a few twists and turns through the restaurant, we walked out onto the patio. The seating was a little cramped but the ambiance was nice. Our waiter, Doug (not his real name) promptly greeted us and provided us with the dinner, tapas and beverage menus. After perusing the many selections of wine, I ordered a lager from a local a local brewery. The selection was made from the “Bottled Beer” section but the beer was delivered in a can. Hmmm, I most likely wouldn’t have ordered it knowing it was in a can as the aluminum typically changes the physical characteristics of the hops and alcohol bringing on a metallic taste which forces the tastebuds to go into panic...

Now We Wait….

I guess that we were a little anxious this morning. We set the alarm for 5am but we woke up at 4:30 and decided to get up. A few cups of coffee later and we were ready to leave. We took showers and double/triple checked the bags ensuring that we had everything we need. After placing the MacBooks in the backpack the true weight was realized. Due to the morning traffic, we took the toll road (E-470). We made it to the DIA in under 30 minutes but ended up in the wrong arrival lane (as opposed to departure) and drove around the airport aimlessly. Poor Travis. He has no idea how to get out of here. I gave him $3 for parking and sent him on his way. Within a half hour Travis posted that he has our house to himself while we are gone. You would think that he would wait until we were out of the country before he posted that. I quickly sent him a response to his post. We are at the departure gate waiting for our plane to land. The flight is on time and we (should) be boarding within ...