Skip to main content

Nikon 20mm 1.8 Lens Day!

Just how many lenses do I need?  Or for that matter, cameras?

Actually, I have reduced my lens and camera count considerably.  Thank you eBay!

Mike's Camera sponsors a free event called "Demo Days" in Denver.  Typically the event is held at either the Denver Botanic Gardens or the Denver Zoo.  This year it was the Denver Zoo.

Demo Days allows you to try any and all available camera gear at no charge so you can try before you buy.  The best part is (or at least for us) is that you cannot actually purchase anything at the event.

I brought my new Nikon Z6 so I could try out a 20mm f1.8 wide angle prime lens.  What a nice lens!

I have done quite a bit of research and read a lot of reviews and I don't believe that I read one bad thing about the lens.  Extremely fast, wide aperture and tack sharp photos.  Yes, all of that is true.

Just by going to the event, I received a $50 coupon towards the lens.

Oh, did I fail to mention that I won a photo contest at Mike's Camera and received a $50 gift card as well?

Photo Contest Winning Shot


$100 off a new lens.  I'll take it.

Now mind you, I did try a few other lenses like the 24mm to 120mm f1/4, 100mm to 400mm zoom and the $14,000 500mm prime lens and fell in love.  I just couldn't justify the $14k.  Besides, the minimum focusing distance is 32 feet (I think).  My rear neighbor isn't even that far away.  I already know what TV shows he is watching so why bother right?


400mm Lens

500mm Lens

And A Bunch of 20mm Lens Shots








I really like the sharpness of the 20mm lens.  LOVE IT is what I meant to say.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

California, Arizona & Back Again

 Well, Israel is a bust this year too... Time to visit the family via a road trip. We figure it will take two days of driving to reach California.  Of course we will make planned stops along the way. First stop, Antelope Valley State Park in Utah.  Only a hour drive from Salt Lake City. From Top to Bottom: Buffalo Wide Angle Shot of the Lake Infrared Photo of the Plains Infrared Photo of the Lake We spent a lot of time there shooting the buffalos (with cameras) but we were loosing light fast.  Major flying insect invasion.  Sounded like rain when driving. Next stop, Bonneville Salt Flats, UT Not much to say here other than it is fun as fuck to drive at 110 mph here. Back in the car and headed out to the Bay Area.  We decided to stay in Suisun City for the first two nights so we could visit with mom before heading out to the Wine Country. The Hampton Inn in Suisun City (infrared photo) After we visited with mom, we headed out to our next adventure, Safari We...

Outstanding Food & Beverage

Due to complications (on Travis’ part) we got a late start on our departure to the restaurant but we still made our reservation. When we arrived, we were greeted by an absolutely beautiful hostess (that was your first hint Travis, stay in school and attend CU) who gave us the option to enjoy our meal on the outside patio. After a few twists and turns through the restaurant, we walked out onto the patio. The seating was a little cramped but the ambiance was nice. Our waiter, Doug (not his real name) promptly greeted us and provided us with the dinner, tapas and beverage menus. After perusing the many selections of wine, I ordered a lager from a local a local brewery. The selection was made from the “Bottled Beer” section but the beer was delivered in a can. Hmmm, I most likely wouldn’t have ordered it knowing it was in a can as the aluminum typically changes the physical characteristics of the hops and alcohol bringing on a metallic taste which forces the tastebuds to go into panic...

Now We Wait….

I guess that we were a little anxious this morning. We set the alarm for 5am but we woke up at 4:30 and decided to get up. A few cups of coffee later and we were ready to leave. We took showers and double/triple checked the bags ensuring that we had everything we need. After placing the MacBooks in the backpack the true weight was realized. Due to the morning traffic, we took the toll road (E-470). We made it to the DIA in under 30 minutes but ended up in the wrong arrival lane (as opposed to departure) and drove around the airport aimlessly. Poor Travis. He has no idea how to get out of here. I gave him $3 for parking and sent him on his way. Within a half hour Travis posted that he has our house to himself while we are gone. You would think that he would wait until we were out of the country before he posted that. I quickly sent him a response to his post. We are at the departure gate waiting for our plane to land. The flight is on time and we (should) be boarding within ...